DATA COLLECTION IS INSTRUMENTAL IN US DEVELOPING THE BEST SITE FOR YOU
We use data to keep Campus Society running smoothly and develop new features, so that we can be the best version of ourselves. You can view information about your data and manage it at any time.
This page should answer any questions you may have regarding your Campus Society data. We’ll also show you how to easily manage your data. It might be a bit boring, but it’s important to know.
WHAT DO WE STORE?
Campus Society collects the following information about you when you interact with our sites or apps:
- We store the information you provide us with when you register for an account (e.g. name, email address, university, course).
- If you consent, we will use your location to provide additional features and functionality.
- We automatically receive and track certain information about your computer or device when you visit our sites or apps.
We record logs about how you use Campus Society (e.g. which features you use).
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
Campus Society uses the above information to:
- Provide you with our services and allow you to personalise them.
- Manage and improve these services and our internal operations.
- Protect our rights, enforce our policies, and comply with laws.
- If you consent, we will send you offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
Campus Society may share your information with third parties, including:
- Service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to help deliver these services and communicate with you. Individual or personality identifiable data is never shared in these cases.
- Advertisers and partners, some of whom may use your information for the purpose of providing you with internet-based advertisements. We only share anonymised data such as data based on demographics, university details etc.
- Other Campus Society members that you have agreed to connect with.
- Authorities in order to comply with laws or valid legal requests for information such as a subpoena or search warrant.
MANAGING YOUR DATA
- To give you control of your data, and in support of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can download or erase your personal Campus Society data from our records.
- In order for us to authenticate your identity and to request data download or erasure, you must have a valid Campus Society account.