Terms & Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AT HTTP://WWW.CAMPUSSOCIETY.COM (THE “SITE”) AND THE SERVICES OFFERED BY CAMPUS SOCIETY (COLLECTIVELY WITH THE SITE, THE “SERVICE”). BY REGISTERING FOR AND/OR USING THE SITE OR SERVICE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICE.
Acceptance of Terms
CAMPUS SOCIETY is a mobile application and web platform designed for use by higher education students across the globe. CAMPUS SOCIETY purports to provide a more complete student experience by providing a medium for collaboration, sharing of content and ideas, and discussion between students of any kind, anywhere.
When you visit this site, send emails to CAMPUS SOCIETY or request information via email, cell phone or other mobile device, you are communicating with us electronically and consenting to receive communications electronically. This consent also includes receiving Notices posted to this Service electronically. Additionally, settings in your account will dictate the kinds of electronic communications you would like to receive.
The Site and Service are available to individuals 12 years of age or older, however it is recommended users be of at least 16 years of age or older before utilizing either. You represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. CAMPUS SOCIETY may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct
You shall not take any action, upload, download, post, submit, distribute or otherwise facilitate any Content on or throughout the Service and Site which:
- infringes upon anyone's intellectual property such as: patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, rights of publicity, or any other legal rights of any other person or entity;
- is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, or otherwise inappropriate as determined by CAMPUS SOCIETY in its sole discretion;
- is considered 'spam' according to the Community Guidelines and CAMPUS SOCIETY;
- makes use of the Site for commercial activities and/or sales without CAMPUS SOCIETY’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or multilevel marketing schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other malicious computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, passwords or other information belonging to CAMPUS SOCIETY, its Users, or any third party; or
- impersonates any other person or entity, including any employee or representative of CAMPUS SOCIETY.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on CAMPUS SOCIETY’s infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service, Site, or any activities conducted on either; (iii) bypass any measures CAMPUS SOCIETY may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service; (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service or Site; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “scrub”, “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not in any way: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms from any part of the Service or Site, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
CAMPUS SOCIETY does not guarantee that any Content or User Submissions (as defined below) will be made available on the Site or through the Service. CAMPUS SOCIETY has no obligation to monitor the Site, Service, Content or User Submissions.
CAMPUS SOCIETY, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to (i) remove, edit, or modify any Content, without limitation and including User Submissions, on the Service or Site at any time, without notice to you and for any reason, or for no reason at all; and (ii) to remove or block any Users or User Submissions from the Service or Site.
With respect to registration, you shall not:
- provide any false personal information to CAMPUS SOCIETY (including a false User Name) or create an account for anyone other than yourself without express consent;
- use a User Name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a User Name that is subject to the rights of any third party without appropriate and express consent; or
- use a User Name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar, or obscene as determined by CAMPUS SOCIETY.
A User Name, valid mail address and password are mandatory requirements for registration and use of the Service or Site; all other information solicited by CAMPUS SOCIETY is optional to give, but may affect your enjoyment and use of the Service.
CAMPUS SOCIETY reserves the right to refuse registration of or revoke access to the Service or Site by any User for any reason. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your CAMPUS SOCIETY password. You shall never use another user’s account without such other user’s express consent. You will immediately notify CAMPUS SOCIETY in writing of any unauthorized use of your account or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
To begin using your account, please confirm your registration. You will receive a registration email shortly after signing up for the Service.
CAMPUS SOCIETY is dedicated to providing a friendly, helpful, fun and positive experience for all Users. These Terms, Policies and Guidelines are intended to facilitate such an experience, and will be adhered to at all times where possible. Users are expected to do the same, for all activity on the Service or Site, including but not limited to: chat messages, comments, and submissions.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service and Site may contain links to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Site in kind. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under CAMPUS SOCIETY'S control, and you acknowledge that CAMPUS SOCIETY is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by CAMPUS SOCIETY or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that CAMPUS SOCIETY shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, services or resources available on or through any such website or resource. Content and License You agree that the Service and Site contain Content specifically provided by CAMPUS SOCIETY or its partners, and that such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets and other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service. Use of school logos is the intellectual property of the respective school and in no way should imply endorsement by the school(s).
CAMPUS SOCIETY grants each user of the Service and Site a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use, modify or reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from CAMPUS SOCIETY, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content's copyright notice. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
- acknowledge that you are publishing that User Submission where it may be visible to others;
- grant CAMPUS SOCIETY a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, the Service and CAMPUS SOCIETY’s (and its successors and assigns) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby do and shall grant each User of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to CAMPUS SOCIETY does not affect your ownership of User Submission(s), unless expressly agreed upon, in writing, by both parties;
- represent and warrant that your use of the Service and Site will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation: any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- understand that CAMPUS SOCIETY maintains the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, sample, or translate any materials, Content, or information submitted by you. You understand and acknowledge that all information publicly Posted or privately transmitted through the Service or Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that CAMPUS SOCIETY is not liable for any errors or omissions in such Content. You also understand and acknowledge that CAMPUS SOCIETY cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service and Site.
CAMPUS SOCIETY does not endorse and has no control over any User Submission. CAMPUS SOCIETY cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you while using the Service and Site is done so at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party that may result from such access.
CAMPUS SOCIETY may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your registration. If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com.
Warranty and Disclaimer
CAMPUS SOCIETY has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. CAMPUS SOCIETY has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site; what Content you may encounter or access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release CAMPUS SOCIETY from any and all liability arising from your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. Users of the Service or Site may, from time to time, Post or direct you to websites some people may find offensive, vulgar, or inappropriate. CAMPUS SOCIETY makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site, and further shall not be held responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service or Site.
THE SERVICE AND SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. CAMPUS SOCIETY, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND CONSTITUTES ASSUMPTION OF SUCH RISKS.
CAMPUS SOCIETY TAKES EVERY MEASURE TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF THE SERVICES, BUT GIVEN THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR STORED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CAMPUS SOCIETY, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, MALWARE, SPYWARE, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE ORIGIN), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE-HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Integration and Severability
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Takedown Procedure:
If you feel any material is infringing on your Copyright, in order to have allegedly infringing content removed from the Site, the copyright owner must provide notice to the Site with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party;
- The infringing materials and their location;
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works;
- A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of; and
- A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
Once notice is given, we will expeditiously remove, or disable access to, the material. Upon removal, we will contact the alleged infringer to resolve. We do not warrant to disable the alleged infringer's access or account to the Site.
You may contact CAMPUS SOCIETY at the following address: email@example.com or by any of the methods shown here.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 4TH FEB 2015
REVISED: 16TH AUG 2016
We are committed to transparency in our privacy practices and ensuring you maintain control of your own data.
What Information Does Campus Society Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service and Site. In connection with the Service, we request and display some potentially identifying information to other users and visitors of the Service and Site, so that users may identify each other.
Listed below are services where Campus Society gathers personal information and details on how the information is used:
Campus Society uses potentially personally identifiable information collected from you to complete your registration to the Site. In order to register on the Service and Site, you must provide your name (“User Name”), a valid email address, and a password. Upon registering on the Site, you consent to receiving an email for the purpose of confirming your registration.
In order view, post, comment, like or report a post, chat, send messages, bookmark posts, vote in polls, or generally interact on the Site, you must be registered on the Site and logged in.
Unregistered Users have limited access to the Site and cannot post to the Site without registering an account first.
Users of Campus Society are encouraged and able to post about various topics and subject matter. These posts may include plain text, links, pictures, videos, etc. Where posted publicly, all content and information may be accessible to other Users of Campus Society and, in some cases, indexed by search engines. These posts are identifiable by your Username, University and field of study. As such, Campus Society urges you to be sensitive about any personal information you do not wish to be made public. Should you request deletion of your profile and account, Campus Society may keep this information for the sole purpose of preserving content on the Service or Site, however we pledge to do all we can in disassociating your personal and account information from the Service and Site in their entireties.
Non-Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Service or Site. When you use the Site, Campus Society automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform including: your geo-location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested or accessed.
- Generally, our service automatically collects anonymous usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components. Campus Society only uses this data in aggregate form and as a statistical measure. Campus Society will not intentionally use such information or data in a manner that would identify you personally outside the scope of our Terms and this Policy. This data and information enables us to determine how users utilize the Service and Site, so that we can continue building and improving the Service and Site for as many people as possible. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregated information and data to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use the Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how people use the Services and Site, so that they, too, may provide and improve upon aspects of your online experience. Again, Campus Society will never intentionally disclose information or data to a partner in a manner that could identify or harm you personally.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your mobile and computer's browser (the “Browser”) to enable our systems to recognize your Browser, session information, login information and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Campus Society cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your username or email address is.
- Most Browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your Browser from accepting new cookies or (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide whether to accept each new cookie in a variety of ways. We would encourage and recommend that you leave cookies activated while using Campus Society in order to take advantage of some of our Service’s features and uses.
Personally Identifiable Information and Sharing of Your Personal Information
Campus Society may share your Personal Information only as described below:
Use of the Service: The Site is primarily designed to help you share information with others. This not only includes the information that you provide directly to Campus Society, but also information that you broadcast publicly using the Service. You can control the information that you publicly broadcast. Information you submit to the Service will be available publicly with the ability to be indexed by search engines. It is your option to share as little or as much as you would like with the knowledge that your Posts can be seen publicly.
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information is available to the wider Campus Society community and may be subject to indexing by third party search engines. Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We urge you to think carefully and deliberately about the disclosure of any specific information you may deem private, or other any content that you create or share while using the Service or Site.
WE MAY RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION WHEN YOU OPEN AN EMAIL FROM CAMPUS SOCIETY IF YOUR COMPUTER SUPPORTS THIS TYPE OF PROGRAM. CAMPUS SOCIETY USES THIS CONFIRMATION TO HELP US MAKE EMAILS MORE INTERESTING AND HELPFUL AND TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE EMAILS OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM US, PLEASE INDICATE SO BY 'UNSUBSCRIBING' AT THE BOTTOM OF ANY EMAIL RECEIVED.
Campus Society uses your public profile and any public information to tailor curated email campaigns. We try to keep this relevant to you. Sponsored emails will be known as such pursuant to the CAN SPAM rules. You can unsubscribe at any time, but let us know why so we can continue to provide quality communications to you. In addition to these curated emails, we send out weekly newsletters to the entire community. Again, don’t want it, hit unsubscribe.
If you have the APP downloaded onto your phone, you may receive ‘push notifications’ regarding communications on the app or third party content tailored to you based on your public profile or any information you share publicly. Push notifications are messages pushed to your phone with no action on your part. You can enable or disable push notifications through your APP preferences.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Campus Society’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Communication in response to User Submissions: User Submissions are posts submitted by the User. As part of the Service, you will receive Campus Society emails, notifications, or other communications relating to your User Submissions (such as a message received in your Campus Society Inbox). You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Campus Society may send you an email or other communication that relates to your User Submissions. You may opt out of all of these communications by changing your preferences on the Site, unsubscribing from emails via the link provided therein, or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets in the course of lawful business transactions or agreements. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Campus Society, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Campus Society goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Campus Society may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Campus Society and Others
With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by withholding express permission or consent to such sharing of information.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information
To expand and clarify what is stated above, Campus Society may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Campus Society account and the associated Personal Information is protected by a password chosen by you alone. You must take care to prevent any unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and Browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Campus Society endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure it is kept private. However, Campus Society cannot guarantee, without reservation, the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Campus Society allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list can and will change as our Service and Site change, however we aim to provide you adequate notice when it does.
- First and Last Name
- University Attending or Attended
- Major or Field of Study
Campus Society is specifically intended for people who are of age to apply for or attend college or university. Campus Society does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 12, or knowingly allow such persons to register with Campus Society. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 12, we will take steps to remove and protect that information in accordance with the law.
Deleting or Modifying Your Account
Should you ever decide to delete or modify your Campus Society account, you may do so by contacting Campus Society at email@example.com. If you terminate your account, your profile will be removed from the site and deleted from Campus Society’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Campus Society, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You choose what information you share or do not share with other Campus Society Users. While Campus Society will have your university email address, this information need not be available to the Users and is never provided by Campus Society to others. It is possible to remain anonymous while using the Site.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to address and resolve your questions, problems, or concerns.