Posted to Cooking/Baking tips and tricks
Youth Justice Studies
The Open University
17 September 2017
Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 pieces of celery chopped
- 2 peeled and then chopped carrots
- 2 spoonfuls of lazy garlic
- Half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
- Half a teaspoon of rosemary
- Cubed butternut squash (1/2)
- Tea cup of veg stock
- 4 tablespoons oil.
- Cut the onion, carrots and celery into a bowl.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and chill flakes into the mixture.
- Add oil to a soup pan and let it heat.
- When the oil is hot add the mixture into the bowl.
- Leave for 10 minutes to cook, while it cooks make up the stock and prepare the squash.
- Once the veg is cooked add the squash and then the stock to the pan.
- Let the mixture get to boiling point before reducing the heat and leaving to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has been left for 30 minutes, remove from hob to cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend the mixture to smooth consistency.
- Transfer to container if you plan to freeze.
- Add some cubed hot bread for extra taste.