HOT CHOCOLATE STIRRER GIFT
- Sunflower oil, for greasing
- 300g dark, milk or white chocolate (or a mixture), broken into squares
- Selection of chocolate buttons, Hundreds and thousands, Mini fudge pieces, Or chopped peppermint candy canes
- 6 cupcake cases
- Pastry brush
- 6 empty 47g fromage frais pots (washed and dried)
- 6 wooden lolly sticks
- Cellophane and string or ribbon for wrapping
- 6 gift tags
- Push a small hole in the middle of the cupcake cases with a pencil and put aside for later.
- Dip the pastry brush in the sunflower oil and paint a very thin layer of oil over the insides of the fromage frais pots.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 30-sec bursts until runny, stirring after each blast. Or melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (If you’re using different types of chocolate, you should melt them separately)
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the pots.
- Put a lolly stick in the middle of each and sprinkle your chosen decorations around it.
- Sit a cake case on top of each pot so that it covers the chocolate and the stick pokes through the hole. Put them in the fridge to set overnight.
- The next day, carefully pull the chocolates out of the pots and throw away the paper cases.
- Wrap each in cellophane tied with string and write a tag to read: ‘Simply stir into hot milk.’